A great way to use left-over roast chicken! We loved it. Not an authentic Mu Shu (especially the tortillas), but good nonetheless.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 bunch scallions, coarsely chopped
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 2 1/4 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken from a roasted or rotisserie chicken
- Accompaniment: hoisin sauce; crunchy noodles
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat, then cook eggs, stirring, until cooked through. Transfer eggs to a bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, then cook ginger and garlic until golden, about 1 minute. Add coleslaw mix and 2 tablespoons water, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until coleslaw is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together tamari sauce, sesame oil, remaining 2 tablespoons water, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl. Add to coleslaw mixture along with scallions, chicken and eggs and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Immediately put tortillas between two dampened paper towels on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high about 1 minute.
- Assemble and serve with the crunchy noodles and hoisin sauce.