This has become one our family favorites and I like it because I can get dinner on the table quickly and easily.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Stir 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl; rub evenly into the chicken breasts.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the chicken in the heated oil until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Stir the onion, lime juice, and avocado together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spoon over the chicken breasts to serve.