* 6 strips bacon, cut into small chunks
* 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled and halved
* 2 Tbs. mayonaise
* 1/2 cup cilantro, plus more for garnish
* 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
* 1 pinch of coarse salt
* 1 1/2 cup torn bibb lettuce (or romaine, spinach, whatever you have)
* 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved
* 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved
* 6 corn tortillas (yellow or white, your call)
Bring a large sauté pan to a medium heat. Add the bacon and render until nice and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a few paper towels to drain. Discard bacon fat, but leave any tiny drippings in the pan. Like, don’t wipe it clean.
In a food processor, combine the avocado, mayo, cilantro and lime juice. And a pinch of salt! Blitz until smooth and creamy.
Bring the pan back to a medium-high heat. Add the tortillas and crisp them up in the last bit of bacon juices.
Evenly spread the avocado-mayo over the tortillas. Top with lettuce, a heaping mound of tomatoes, and the bacon crumbles. Garnish with cilantro leaves and give them a good spritz of lime juice.
Click on the image to visit BevCooks.com. It’s a beautifully done food blog with a very personable approach.